Thursday, January 29, 2009

CDS Sneak Peek - Zoo Critters



I bet that you didn't think that you would see another Clear Dollar Stamps sneak peek so soon! As I mentioned in my last post that I am playing catch up with some of my postings...this is what happens when you expect to have Internet and it turns out that you don't!! lol

Meet Mr. Lion and he is from a new set called Zoo Critters due to be released on Feb 1. This is a must have as all these critters are just darling *wink* I made this particular card for the CDS design team colour challenge of Kraft, Pumpkin Pie, Kiwi Kiss and Apricot Appeal.



This new set comes with a handful of cutie pie sentiments too :D Most of them fit right into the Word Window Punch so that it is just perfect for adding to your cards or creating windows with the sentiment on the inside of the card. See those Kiwi leaves poking up everywhere? Those were made with my 5 Petal Flower Punch and then cut with a craft knife (you could use scissors) - This worked really well to create some what of a jungle scene. I love it when I try new things and it tuns out the way I want it to! *grin*




This lion was so easy and so much fun to paper tole that I got a little crazy when adding my layers! I actually created a tutorial that I will be posting next week and it has all the steps, so stay tuned for that one *snort* I must warn you in advance that it has a lot of layers and may not be for the faint of heart, but you can easily take the idea and reduce some of the layers :D
What can I say? This lion is so cute that I couldn't help myself!! lol

Please pop by some of the other designers blogs who got a chance to play with this set to see what they have created! I love seeing how everyone has different ideas and what they design with them :) Candy, Monique, Linda, Stacy, Linsey, Laurie, Nancy, Alysabeth, and Tori.

I will be posting another fun creation later tonight so stay tuned for that! I still have to go through all my CHA photos because I took pictures of all the lovely and talented CDS girls that I stayed with and would love to introduce you to them *wink*


BoldCard Recipe:

Stamps: Clear Dollar Stamps - Zoo Critters
Paper: PTI White, Basic Black, Kraft, Watercolour, Basic Grey DP, Apricot Appeal DP, Scenic Route DP
Ink: Basic Black, Versa Mark, Bordering Blue, Old Olive, Kiwi Kiss, Always Artichoke, Creamy Caramel, Sahara Sand
Accessories: Sewing Machine, Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Aqua Painter, Re -Inkers, 5 Petal Flower Punch, Craft Knife, Corner Rounder, Scallop Circle Punch, Word Window Punch, Cloud Stencil, Brads, Dimensionals, Sponges, Clear Embossing Powder



post signature

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Seriously Kim-- You outdid yourself on this card!! I commented on my blog that this should be in a museum--- absolutely my favorite card EVAH!! Those leaves were just fantastic and wow the layers!! Can you tell I like?? :)

Linda Borneman said...

Well, Tori says that you made a "Museum Lion" card! And, I believe, she's right! LOL Great paper tole work on the cutie pie Lion and I'm diggin' those jungle leaves popped up along with the layered ground...you got it goin' on!

Tracey said...

I love the colours on this one and the lion is fantastic!! Gorgeous!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous! Oh I love how he is popped up and the scene is just Amazing!

Jennifer said...

oh my gosh! This is the cutest card EVER!! LOVE the little lion and the DP is PERFECT!! WOW

Conniecrafter said...

Such a cool card, and your coloring is out of this world, love your leaves, very creative!

Anonymous said...

Okay....this is just the absolute CUTEST!!! (green) You're paper toling is like no other I tell ya!! AMAZING!! Love your sketch, colors, and the sweet leaves too!!! Sheesh...this is just too sweet!!

Alysabeth said...

WOW AMAZING!

YOu are super talented wise grasshopper;o)

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

What a fantastic card! Beautiful coloring and great layering. Totally cool. TFS!

brandi

Deborah said...

This is totally an awesome card~!! I just love the detail in it. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous.