Frequently Asked Questions

What kind of water colour paper do you use?

I use both Strathmore 140lb cold press paper and Canon 90lb cold press paper. Both of these come in a tablet and are available through Michaels Craft Stores.

  • I generally use the Strathmore 140lb cold press paper if I am cutting out the image for the purpose of paper tole as it is more like a light weight cardboard and less likely to bend or warp.
  • I use the Canon 90lb cold press if I am shading behind an image with chalk to using sponges to create a background as the paper is more smooth and gives and even appearance with other colouring techniques when applied to it.
What kind of markers to do you use?

I use Tombow Dual Brush Pens with water for blending :) I use only water to blend with instead of a blender pen because I find that my colours are brighter and that I have more control with using small amounts of water.

Are you teaching any classes soon?

I am currently not teaching any online classes but may consider doing more at some point in the future.