Wednesday, July 30, 2008

What? No designer paper allowed? CDS Sneak Peeks!

One of the challenges for the Clear Dollar Stamps design teams was to make 1 card per set without using designer paper - I almost passed out when I saw this!!!! I immediately started biting my nails and twisting my hair into knots trying to figure out how I was going to make it all work out!!!! I think that in the end it turned out OK :) Here is my collection of cards for the August 1st releases ...

Up first is my dear friend Charlie :) He is back in a new set called Charlie gets Giddy! For this card I used some of the new Stampin' Up! in-colours called Baha Breeze and Pink Pirouette. Charlie has been watercoloured and then flocked as well as popped up with some dimensionals. I love these colours together!

Card Recipe:

Stamps: CDS - Charlie gets Giddy
Paper: Papertrey White, Baha Breeze, Pink Pirouette, Chocolate Chip, Watercolour
Ink: Baha Breeze, Pink Pirouette, Chocolate Chip, Basic Black, Versa Mark, SU Markers
Accessories: Sewing Machine, Sponges, Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Quickie Glue Pen, Flocking, Metal Embellishments, LG and SM Oval Punches, Dimensionals, Embossing Powder, Aqua Painter


This sweet little 4 1/4" square card is made with the August 1st release called Timeless Labels. This set is sized to work really well with some of the SU punches and Nestabilities :) I have decided that it will make a beautiful accompaniment to my monogram set as well! I heat embossed the center image to add a subtle glossy shine that worked beautifully with the elegance of the gold prism metallic card stock. I really love how this card turned out because it is a simple design that looks like it took a long time to make :) Look Ma...no sewing on this card!!!!

Card Recipe:

Stamps: CDS - Timeless Labels
Paper: Papertrey White, Basic Black, Soft Sky, Prism Gold Metallic
Ink: Basic Black, Versa Mark
Accessories: Cuttlebug and die, Nestabilities, Circle Punch, Embossing Powder, Satin Ribbon, Dimensionals, Quickie Glue Pen


I love this card too! It is another 4 1/4" square card (OK, so is the Charlie one above) - thanks to Laurie Wilson who got me hooked on making these little beauties!!! I used another August release called Designer Garden to make this whimsical silhouette image (I tried to be Michelle Zindorf again, and....out came the micro beads to cover my boo boo's!) lol
I am horrible with a brayer, so I decided just to sponge my colours on. Another challenge for the CDS designer was to use purples (something I am still learning to do) So here it is, purple without designer papers :)

Card Recipe:

Stamps: CDS - Designer Garden
Paper: Papertrey White, Basic Black, Pale Plum, Perfect Plum
Ink: Apricot Appeal, So Saffron, Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant, Basic Black
Accessories: Adhesive Sheet, Glass Micro Beads, Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Taffeta Ribbon, Brad, Sewing Machine, Martha Stewart Punch, Circle Punch


Last, but not least the August CDS release - Leaf Impressions. I took my inspiration for this project from the candle. The colours are Very Vanilla and Sage Shadow. I can't remember where I saw a sponging tutorial on how to create the background on the card, but whoever did this first - thank you! I sponged the background and then added my leaves with sage shadow. For the tag on my candle, I stamped the leaf outline and then added some watermark little leaves with versa mark and clear embossing powder.

Card Recipe:

Stamps: CDS - Leaf Impressions
Paper: Papertrey White, Very Vanilla, Sage Shadow
Ink: Basic Black, Versa Mark, Sage Shadow, Mellow Moss
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Sewing Machine, Aqua Painter, Raffia, Candle, Dimensionals, Mat Pack, Piercing Tool


post signature




5 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

Holy Moley girl! These are fantastic. I have just recently discovered CDS and have already placed two orders....Charlie is a doll and I have all the rest -- waiting patiently for this one!! Ilove the purple and the microbeads!! ALL GORGEOUS!

Unknown said...

You are ROCKIN' the 4-1/4 square cards!! Your designs totally knock my socks off! I can tell you put a lot of hours and deep thought into each one! Thanks, girl!

Julia Aston said...

What beautiful cards Kim! I love the small size of them - Charlie is just adorable and love your colors and bg stamping on that one - the purples and microbeads are just delicious and the colors on the candle and card are super - very nice showing for the new stamp sets!

Michele Kovack said...

Holy moly these are gorgeous!!!

pammyrn said...

Oh my Kim, Is there anything out there that you can't do!!! I am always blown away by your art!

Hugs Pam