Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Out in the Garden

I was fantasizing about a beautiful garden and wanting to use some new designer paper that I purchased down Island. I need to fantasize about a beautiful garden due to the fact that I have yet to do any gardening this year (except mowing the lawn!!) I really need to stop chatting with you all and get my butt out the door to tend to my weeds!!


The layout for this card was inspired by and old sketch challenge on Splitcoast. I used my Natural Beauty set for the images because it is so easy to colour. The flowers are 3D and are rotated to make the bloom loo like a double bloom. I really didn't have a clue what colours to use for the butterfly, so I googled some actual butterfly pictures and found one with simple colours to match my card :) Here is the picture that I used for my inspiration...



Tip: The best way to make any outlines stand out and easy for watercolouring is to ink up your stamp first with Versa Mark, then the colour of classic ink of your choice, then stamp your image. Coat the image with what ever embossing powder (glitter or clear) and then emboss. Not only does this look very nice, it serves double duty for watercolouring. The embossed lines make it more difficult for the paints to bleed onto each other :)




Card Recipe:

Stamps: Natural Beauty
Paper: Old Olive, Papertrey White, Watercolour, unknown Designer Paper (just too tired to look)
Inks: Cameo Coral, Pretty in Pink, Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, Almost Amethyst, Brocade Blue, Sage Shadow, Creamy Caramel, Versa Mark
Accessories: Sewing Machine, Aqua Painter, Twinkling H2O's, Stickles, Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Embossing Powder, Brads, Dimensionals, Gel Pen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is just beautiful, i have this set and never use it, but i will now.

smallcity