Saturday, May 17, 2008

On the road again!



This card makes me giggle when I look at the dogs in the back of the truck! (I really have no idea why!) It just must be the end of a very long, hot day! We have finally reached some lovely temperatures here. For those of you who don't know, I live on Vancouver Island and we are considered a rain forest (not, by any means a tropical one though!!!) It has been a rainy spring for us so far and it was really nice that Mr. Sun decided to come out and play :) Enough babble and onto the goods...

This card turned out so sparkly, but without looking too overdone. A wonderful little tip that I learned recently from Faith's blog (Delightful Inspiration) was to ink up the edges of your card stock with versa mark and then add iridescent ice embossing powder. When you heat emboss it, it adds such a lovely matting to any card. Faith has a little "how to" tutorial on her blog.

This card ended up being a little more earthy from what I intended because I coloured my main image before picking out coordinating designer paper. I added some stamped flowers with jeweled brads to put a little femininity into it - the flowers were stamped on designer paper so there wasn't any colouring needed. The truck and hub caps have been heat embossed with clear powder to add an automobile paint shine to it :)


Card Recipe:

Stamps: Loads of Love and Accessories, Delight in Life, Fabulous Flowers, Baroque Motifs
Paper: Basic Gray, River Rock, So Saffron, Watercolour, Basic Grey DP, Papertrey White
Ink: SU Markers, Basic Black, Versa Mark, Always Artichoke, Sage Shadow, So Saffron
Accessories: Jeweled Brads, Embossing Powder, Aqua Painter, Sewing Machine, Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Stam-a-majig, Dimensionals

1 comment:

MJ said...

OK this is crazy, each card just gets better and better. My mouth is hanging open as I surf your blog. You are my new hero -- running to subscribe and hopefully learn a little.