Thursday, May 22, 2008

Green Makes Me Smile...




I am so silly in love with this card! Ever since I saw this adorable Penny Black stamp, I knew that I just had to have it (along with many others *wink*). I used as few of my favourite things on this card: lime green my favourite colour, lime green and orange - my favourite colour combo du jour, sparkles and frogs (they make me giggle and remind me of my baby girl - they are her favourite too).

I consider lime green my "happy" colour. No matter what light it is looked at in, it always looks soothing. I love it so much I painted my craft room in it! My craft room is my most loved room in my house :)

There is a whole lot of embossing going on with this card. The frogs have a lovely 'wet' look to them thanks to clear embossing powder and the white card stock is embossed with iridescent ice. It's so sparkly and fun!


These cute little guys have been popped up in 3 different places. Instead of using markers to watercolour the image, I hauled out my watercolour wonder crayons. It's been awhile since I have used them and I was pleasantly reminded how beautifully they blend together. I also did not use my standard watercolour paper- I used my Papertrey white and it held up beautifully without warping. Gotta love that! If you have ever had any doubts about ordering the card stock from Papertrey - do it! Do it now, don't wait!!!! It is hands down the best and sturdiest white card stock I have ever come across - this is BIG news as I am a Stampin' Up!-aholic through and through!

Card Recipe:

Stamps: Penny Black, Bodacious Bouquet, DP
Paper: Papertrey White, Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron, Apricot Appeal
Inks: Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, Versa Mark, Green Galore, So Saffron
Accessories: Sewing Machine, Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Dimensionals, Watercolour Wonder Crayons, Aqua Painter, Embossing Powders, Brads, Photo Corner Punch

2 comments:

Stefanie Staniak said...

OMW - these frogs are so cute you almost want to kiss them !! LOL !! Your details are beyond any words I could have for them, other than Beautiful ! :)

Anonymous said...

How cute. The frogs look like they are up to no good to me!LOLO! another beautifuly colored, perfect layout, wonderful flowers, beautifully designed card!
Your new groupie,
Pam
http://stampsinc.blogspot.com/