Wednesday, February 4, 2009

SC214 - John 3:16


I pulled out my He is Risen set by Our Daily Bread Designs to make today's sketch challenge SC214 over at Splitcoast :) The scripture fit perfectly with the design and still allowed me a little room to play with some twine and a cross charm.




I ended up choosing some old designer papers that were lying around because I wanted to mix and match the colours. I crumpled up one of the Inque Boutique papers into a ball and then smoothed it out to add some texture and a bit of an old world feel. I added generous amounts of sponging around all the edges of the cardstock and then took my craft knife to distress the paper.



I really love the effect of different twines and threads mixed with papercrafts so I took a little creative licence and added some eyelets to anchor my linen thread down that holds my little pewter charm in place (pretty clever huh?) lol I added the spellbinder's Doodle Die in the upper corner because it just seemed to be missing something there and my lovely doodle filled up the space quite nicely :D

Speaking of Our Daily Bread Designs, I'm a little bit sad to tell you that this is my last month on their FABULOUS design team. I wanted to say that it has been a wonderful experience to work with Kelley Holland and her truly extraordinary team of talented ladies who are every bit supportive as they are chatty :D lol (you should see my email box at the end of every day!) I had an amazing time meeting some of the team at CHA just a short time ago and I look forward to visiting everyone over at their blogs and SCS :) Thank you Kelley for letting me be a part of your team and I wish you all the best with your very successful company! :D

Card Recipe:

Stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs - He is Risen!
Paper: PTI White, Basic Grey, Inque Boutique DP, Basic Grey DP, K&Co DP
Ink: Creamy Caramel, Basic Grey, Basic Black, Versa Mark
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Sewing Machine, Doodles Spellbinder's Dies, Twine, Charm, Eyelets, Sponges, Dimensionals, Embossing Powder, Craft Knife



post signature

8 comments:

Amber said...

you did a great job on this i love the colors that you used ! And the cross charm adds that perfect touch to it

America said...

BEAUTIFUL as can be with the DP, the eyelets, the sentiment, the charm, your fabulous sewing, (can you teach me how to sew?), or better yet, (will you sew my cards too?) :) LOVE Your work!!! Thanks for being such an inspiration.
xoxox,
America

Conniecrafter said...

Very Handsome, love the crumpled piece, really does give it that old world feel, great papers compliment each other nicely, so love the thread with the charm, neat touch!

Kelly Lunceford said...

This is gorgeous! I love how you criss-crossed the twine with the charm! Great design!

purplestamper316 said...

This is so beautiful! I could see someone leaving on their desk for everyone to appreciate :) Thanks for sharing.....

Linda Carson said...

Oh no! I love what you do w/ODB stamps & will be missed from their dt! This card is amazing w/all your details!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Ooooh!! This card just exudes warmth Kim!! Gorgeous!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful Kim.