Tuesday, February 3, 2009

CC204 - Creamy Olive Cameo's


I am so excited! Last night I was asked to host today's colour challenge CC204 so here are your colours: Creamy Caramel, Old Olive, Cameo Coral plus any neutral that you would like. After I picked these lovely colours I was stumped as to what to do with them! It's supposed to be a challenge isn't it? *wink*



I started this card by picking some designer papers that had the colours from the challenge in it. I then decided to use black as my neutral and then had the task of making it all work together! I figured that the best way to accomplish this task was to use a silhouette and then to create my own background using the challenge colour inks. I did this simply by using a sponge and my ink pads. I actually hunted around for a sketch to use because my mojo was temporarily on vacation so I stopped by the CPS Blog and came across this fun one to try.



I occasionally like to pull out my micro beads, but this time I tucked them aside and attacked this card with some sugar...beads that is :) If you have never heard of sugar beads before, they are miniature glass beads that are smaller and finer than your traditional micro beads. I love how this effect adds some texture and pizazz to a card! So much fun and only a little bit messy :D


Card Recipe:

Stamps - Artful Inkables
Paper: PTI White, Basic Black, Watercolour, K&Co DP, Scenic Route DP, Inque Boutiqe DP
Ink: Basic Black, Versa Mark, Creamy Caramel, Cameo Coral, Old Olive
Accessories: Sewing Machine, Sugar Beads, Sticky Strip, Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch, Ribbon, Brads, Sponge, Dimensionals, Glue Dots

post signature

4 comments:

Amber said...

this is really pretty and i love the colors and design u used to do it ~ Great job on it

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Do you ever stop?!?!?! This card is gorgeous my goofy friend!! Love the colors and the sugar beads!! And your sketch, as always...is fabulous!! Slow down will ya! Being green everyday is really getting old!! hmph

Nancy Jensen said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous! I was wondering what you used to make it so shiny. Where do you buy sugar beads? They are so pretty! Also, what adhesive did you use to attach the beads with?

Thank you for sharing!

Vicki G said...

This is Beautiful Kim.......just gorgeous.....you talent amazes me!

Vicki