Thursday, November 13, 2008

Whipper Snapper meets Ooh La Laa!


How do you like my title? lol I used one of Anna Wight's new Whipper Snapper Designs releases called Winter Schminter for the sentiment on this and wanted to kick it up a notch! I love this sentiment in particular because unlike some of the other's in the set, it can be used to make a more elegant card due to the font and the nature of the sentiment.



I stamped the sentiment on a piece of vellum cardstock and then mounted it to some night of navy cardstock. I carefully stitched around it trying not to warp or tear the vellum. The sentiment was clear embossed for so added sophistication :)



How do you like my 5 minute snowflake? I was in Michaels the other day and saw these pre-sparkled and painted wooden snowflakes for $.99 and picked up one not knowing quite what to do with it. On the way out the door something extra glittery caught my eye and I spotted these acetate snowflakes that were already decorated in sparkles that matched my Baja Breeze cardstock perfectly...turned around and had to buy them! - I swear that I must be part crow...I am always drawn instantly to sparkly objects! The snowflakes are by a company called Me & My Big Ideas and they come in a package of assorted sizes. I stuck a dimensional to the bottom of one, attached it to the wooden snowflake, tossed on a few half pearl embellies and voila!

I was thinking that this would make a beautiful Christmas card and keepsake. The card really doesn't take very long to make and you can attach a ribbon to the snowflake for a keepsake ornament to treasure for years to come :) I'm all about the gift that keeps on giving! lol

Card Recipe:

Stamps: Whipper Snapper Designs - Winter Schminter
Paper: Papertrey White, Night of Navy, K&Cp, DP, SU Urban Garden DP
Ink: Night of Navy, Versa Mark, Baja Breeze
Accessories: Sewing Machine, Cuttlebug, Wooden Christmas Snowflake, Acetate Snowflake, Half Pearls, Embossing Powder, Sponges, Dimensionals, Stickles, Craft Knife, Sandpaper




post signature

6 comments:

Jami said...

Gorgeous!! Love that cool snowflake!!
hugs, Jami

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh La Laa for sure, so pretty.

Unknown said...

WOW-- What an elegant card-- So pretty and sparkly!! You always find the best "stuff"!!

Michelle said...

Part crow ~~ LOL!! That is too funny! What a great card, isn't it fun when you find something you weren't expecting to, & it works PERFECTLY on a card? Those snowflakes look like they were meant to be together :)

Laurie Wilson said...

Such pretty colors, I just love these! Luscious layers and stitching girl!

Anonymous said...

Oh Kim, this is so stunning. Your command of color is second to none and I love the dimension on all your cards. You are so very talented!! I have those acetate snowflakes in my stash too -- you're tempting me to use them!
--Hugs Becca