Wednesday, October 29, 2008

CDS Sneak Peek - Deer Season


This is a sneak peek at the soon to be released set (Nov. 1/08) called Deer Season by Clear Dollar Stamps. This set is hunting orientated, but for my card I wanted to create a silhouette landscape and try a different take on the set :) I found this set to be very versatile for masculine cards, note cards and I can't wait to try a Christmas scene with it!



This card covers 3 of the CDS design team challenges for this month - whew! It was alot of work trying to roll 3 challenges into one card! This covers the No Designer Paper Challenge, Use of Glossy Cardstock Challenge and the Colour Challenge of Always Artichoke, Kraft and Night of Navy. Up until making this card, I had never used glossy cardstock. I followed the SCS Salted Technique to make my tri-colour panel and then embossed it when it was dry. To add some extra dimension to plain cardstock, I used the direct-to-paper with the inkpads and then embossed the cardstock on top of that.



Card Recipe:

Stamps: Clear Dollar Stamps - Deer Season
Paper: Papertrey White, Kraft, Glossy, Watercolour, Night of Navy, Always Artichoke
Ink: Basic Black, Versa Mark, Night of Navy, Always Artichoke, Creamy Caramel, Kiwi Kiss, Old Olive
Accessories: Salt, Sewing Machine, Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Photo Corner Punch, Sponges, Dimensionals, Embossing Powder, 1 1/4" Circle Punch


post signature

5 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

What a beautiful scene you created with the Deer Season images...the background just glows and I love all the papers, colors, and sewing!!! Awesome work, Kim!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, your card is absolutely beautiful!

Jami said...

OK...If you said you were going to make a card with a hunting stamp, I never would've imagined something this beautiful!!! But that's you - always amazing me with you creativity and talent!! This is gorgeous!!
hugs, Jami

Laurie Wilson said...

Gorgeous! Wow, is all I can say!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Wow, both of your sneak peak cards are georgous!