Sunday, September 28, 2008

CDS Sneak Peek - 'Coon Wishes


I love this guy! This is the FREE Stamp of the Month set of 9 for October from Clear Dollar Stamps and it is so much fun. I think especially this time of the year for me because I live on the west coast of BC and have these furry critters all around us :)


So ya wanna know how you can get this cute critter? Well, all you have to do is order $50 worth of products from CDS and this stamp set is automatically included in with your order! The stamp of the month sets change monthly so this is the only way to get it! Let me butter you up some more by saying that CDS carries some of the coolest products around to help you reach your $50 goal like: Copics, Cuttlebug Embossing Folders, Nestabilities, Acrylic packaging for all your your gift crafting needs and so much more, not to mention some of the most affordable stamps around ;)


Now that I've lost you to the Clear Dollar Stamps link that I posted...come back! I have to tell you how I made this card! lol
I was checking out some blogs the other day and came across this post by Dawn over at Dawn's Stamping Thoughts and learned how to make this quick and easy wood grain effect with no stamps required! It helped me out with my idea for this card immensely as I had just used up the last of my wood grain DP. The raccoon is cut out and paper toled with dimensionals and the leaves are from a sizzix leaves die that I just cut away from the branch and sponged for a little more detail.

Card Recipe:

Stamps: Clear Dollar Stamps - Coon Wishes (Stamp of the Month) - Released Oct 1/08
Paper: Papertrey White, Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, Old Olive, Watercolour, BoBunny DP, K&Co DP
Ink: Basic Black, Versa Mark, Old Olive, Craft Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, Close to Cocoa, SU Markers
Accessories: Sewing Machine, Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Buttons, Linen Thread, Stickles, Brads, Sizzix Leaf Die, Dimensionals, Sponges, Aqua Painter, Embossing Powder


post signature

10 comments:

Michelle said...

This is adorable, Kim!! How the heck do you cut out your embossed images? Seems every time I try to *carefully* cut AROUND the embossed part, my embossing comes off!!! Grrrr....

Shelly Koskinen said...

This is a great card!! You are such a good watercolorist!!

Stefanie Staniak said...

This is a wonderful card and your ability to add dimension is just outstanding!

Jami said...

You are such an artist - this is incredible!!
hugs, Jami

Unknown said...

He is so cute and your card has such a fresh woodsy feel! Adorable!

Anonymous said...

OH My Goodness!! This is just AMAZING!! your colors are so incredibly rich and the whole design is stunning!! I LOVE love this!!! :)

Sandra Smart said...

Adorable card! And I actually like this look of the woodgrain better than the dp I have seen available!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

*sigh* Another gorgeous card by Kim!!! Girl can you color and create!! Your dimension is fabulous!! Those leaves are fantastic!! And the colors and dp are phenomenal!! WOW!!!

Unknown said...

This is one of my favorites of your CD sneaks. I just love this. Your cards are just amazing. So detailed and beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic sample Kim, love it!