Monday, June 2, 2008

Peter Rabbit Inspired


I love this stamp set and have been on the hunt for it for the last year or so. In case any of you were wondering...I might have a small fixation with bunnies! When I was pregnant with my son I designed a Beatrix Potter "Peter Rabbit" nursery in gender neutral colours. Since then, both my son and daughter have used it and it has remained classic and cheery :) You will have to pardon the terrible photos as they were taken 4 years ago on my first digital camera!




I saw this stamp set and knew that it had to be mine as the little bunny out front reminds me of Peter Rabbit! I love this stamp set so much that I finally found somebody willing to give it a new home and here was the first card that I have made with it! I tried to keep it fairly gender neutral with muted tones of some primary and secondary colours.


Tip: It's very easy to add some texture to your card by placing a piece of designer paper in an embossing folder and running it through your cuttlebug (one of my best card making tools ever!!!)

Card Recipe:

Stamps: Birthday Bunny
Paper: Cosmo Cricket DP, Papertrey White, Mellow Moss, Versa Mark
Ink: Mellow Moss, Soft Sky, Bashful Blue and Various Reinker Colours for the bunnies
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Sewing Machine, Embossing Powders, Dimensionals, Aqua Painter, Re-inkers, Stickles, Sponges, Brads

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card ... the coloring is fabulous and I love the dimension of the paper tole.

Jean said...

Lovely card it really caught my eye on SCS. That image is darling.

Anonymous said...

Kim- I'm so pleased to have discovered your blog via Card of the week. Gorgeous colouring and designs!

Jane said...

Wow! How many layers are there on this card??? It's gorgeous.

Jane

Theresa said...

Hello Kim,

Welcome to There She Goes. Your work is just amazing. I participated in the TSG44 Challenge and I wanted to let you know that I CASED your Peter Rabbit Inspired card. I hope that I did you justice.

I look forward to seeing wonderful things from you.

Theresa