
How do you like my title? lol I used one of Anna Wight's new Whipper Snapper Designs releases called Winter Schminter for the sentiment on this and wanted to kick it up a notch! I love this sentiment in particular because unlike some of the other's in the set, it can be used to make a more elegant card due to the font and the nature of the sentiment.

I stamped the sentiment on a piece of vellum cardstock and then mounted it to some night of navy cardstock. I carefully stitched around it trying not to warp or tear the vellum. The sentiment was clear embossed for so added sophistication :)

How do you like my 5 minute snowflake? I was in Michaels the other day and saw these pre-sparkled and painted wooden snowflakes for $.99 and picked up one not knowing quite what to do with it. On the way out the door something extra glittery caught my eye and I spotted these acetate snowflakes that were already decorated in sparkles that matched my Baja Breeze cardstock perfectly...turned around and had to buy them! - I swear that I must be part crow...I am always drawn instantly to sparkly objects! The snowflakes are by a company called Me & My Big Ideas and they come in a package of assorted sizes. I stuck a dimensional to the bottom of one, attached it to the wooden snowflake, tossed on a few half pearl embellies and voila!
I was thinking that this would make a beautiful Christmas card and keepsake. The card really doesn't take very long to make and you can attach a ribbon to the snowflake for a keepsake ornament to treasure for years to come :) I'm all about the gift that keeps on giving! lol
Card Recipe:
Stamps: Whipper Snapper Designs - Winter Schminter
Paper: Papertrey White, Night of Navy, K&Cp, DP, SU Urban Garden DP
Ink: Night of Navy, Versa Mark, Baja Breeze
Accessories: Sewing Machine, Cuttlebug, Wooden Christmas Snowflake, Acetate Snowflake, Half Pearls, Embossing Powder, Sponges, Dimensionals, Stickles, Craft Knife, Sandpaper
Gorgeous!! Love that cool snowflake!!
ReplyDeletehugs, Jami
Ohh La Laa for sure, so pretty.
ReplyDeleteWOW-- What an elegant card-- So pretty and sparkly!! You always find the best "stuff"!!
ReplyDeletePart crow ~~ LOL!! That is too funny! What a great card, isn't it fun when you find something you weren't expecting to, & it works PERFECTLY on a card? Those snowflakes look like they were meant to be together :)
ReplyDeleteSuch pretty colors, I just love these! Luscious layers and stitching girl!
ReplyDeleteOh Kim, this is so stunning. Your command of color is second to none and I love the dimension on all your cards. You are so very talented!! I have those acetate snowflakes in my stash too -- you're tempting me to use them!
ReplyDelete--Hugs Becca