Sunday, August 26, 2012

TSG171 - Feeling Crabby?


Hi everyone! It's my turn to come up with the weekly challenge over at the TSG blog so I have come up with a sketch for you all. I know, you are completely shocked by my choosing a sketch but try to play along anyway :D


Because my Beach Bum hermit crab scenery image turned out to be a little larger than I expected, I turned the sketch on it's side and fudged it a little ;) I kept the papers relatively simple by choosing some of the more muted sheets from the My Mind's Eye Lost and Found Rosy line. because I wanted the image to really stand out :)

I ended up getting a little bit creative with my seam binding, twine and button combo, just to add a little bit of interest without making the card too busy. I added some additional sponging to the edges of the papers with some Ranger Distress Antique Linen and Ranger Distress Vintage Photo inks as well :)



If you would like to play along with the Trendsetters in this sketch challenge then don't forget to drop by the TSG blog to link up your card :) I hope that you like my card today and stay tuned for a very special post on Wednesday - you won't be disappointed as I have a wee bit of a surprise for you :D

Card Recipe:

Stamps: There She Goes - Beach Bums
Paper: Gina K, 90lb Coldpress Canon Water Colour Paper, Black, My Mind's Eye Lost and Found Rosy
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Baja Breeze, Bermuda Bay, Pacific Point, Not Quite Navy, Creamy Caramel, Ranger Distress Antique Linen, Ranger Distress Vintage Photo
Accessories: Sewing Machine, Cloud Template, 2-Way Glue Pen, Twine, Scrap Paper, Sponges, Masking Tape, Tombow Dual Brush Pens, Chalk Pencil, Water Brush, Twine, Paper Piercing Tool, Buttons Galore and More Color Set - Mint Cooler, Seam Binding, Corner Chomper


6 comments:

Cynthia said...

Adorable scene, Kim!

Kelly Schelske said...

Great card Kim, love the sand and water, very nice!

Vicki G said...

Gorgeous Gorgeous as always!

Hope you are well Kim

Hugs

Vicki

Rose said...

well i for one love the new sketch :) and your card is super cute!!! love how you stitched over the ribbon and your coloring is awesome girl!!

Katie Skiff said...

This card would sure cheer someone who was crabby up! beautifuL!

Mary Friederichsen said...

This is so adorable Kim! The coloring of your background and the little crab is so gorgeous! Thank you for sharing!