Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Hey Gill-Friend!


Hey everyone! I thought that I would participate in this weeks Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge and I posted the inspiration photo below. I'm also trying my hand a trying out for their Sparks DT Call :) I decided to use the Surf and Turf set because I have been dying to ink it up :D


I both water coloured the seagull and paper pieced him with bits of scraps for the pop of orange in his beak to mimic the inspiration image. I notice that my designer papers are looking a little green in the photos but I assure you that they are lovely shades of turquoise in real life to match the blue monochromatic theme of the poster and I used 2 sentiments from the set as well in the upper corner of the card to touch on the typography aspect :)



Card Recipe:

Stamps: Paper Smooches - Surf and Turf
Paper: Gina K, Black, My Mind's Eye, Water Colour
Ink: Versafine Onxy Black, Antique Linen, Bermuda Bay
Accessories: Sewing Machine, Cuttlebug, Clear Embossing Folders, SU Circle Punches, Tombow Dual Brush Pens, Chalk Pencil, Glossy Accents, Water Brush, Twine, Button, Pop Dots, Xyron

5 comments:

Lyndal said...

Gorgeous card Kim :) Love the sentiment around the corner!

Shannon J said...

Wow - what a gorgeous card! Your colouring is amazing!

Shannon J said...

Such a gorgeous card! Your colouring is amazing!

Linda Beeson said...

I love this guy, the circles and the button are such cute accents. Nice use of the SPARKS challenge.

Lori Barnett said...

Doesn't get any cuter than your card...just sayin' :) WOW! LOVE IT! Thanks for joining us on the SPARKS Challenge Blog!!