Thursday, February 23, 2012

ISSC04 - Flowers for you


Happy Friday everyone! Now that it's the end of the week you all know what that means don't you? Well if you don't, let me fill you in. It's time for another iSpy Sketches challenge (ISSC04) *insert cheers of joy* :)

This week our sketch is based off of this card by Heather Klump. I just love her cards that this sketch is no different :) I used the image called Flower Garden by Stamping Bella and water coloured it with my tombow dual brush pens. I then added some re-inkers for the background, some chalk for shading and then finished off the image with some sponging.

My image was a little bit on the larger side so I had to adjust my measurements accordingly so it's not completely true to the original card but that's were creative liscence comes into play :) While I was at the PJ Crop in Washington this past weekend I picked up these pretty papers :) The pink is from My Minds Eye Lime Twist line and the Blue (Stella Rose) is a 6x6 My Mind's Eye paper pack that I purchased from The Ribbon Carousel :)

Thanks for joining me this week and don't tell the rest of the girls that I have included this but here is a photo that was taken of a few of us iSpy Sketch girls from the crop ;) They are going to have my heads for posting this! lol

*Warning* 
No cosmetics, hairbrushes, or decent wardrobes were used in the making of this photo...it was a PJ crop after all :D


Left to right: Angela Thomas, Kim O'Connell, Jessie Knight Rone, Me (no judging people) and Tobi Crawford

Card Recipe:

Stamps: Flower Garden from Stamping Bella, SU Fancy Flexible Phrases
Paper: Watercolour, Black, My Mind's Eye Lemon Twist and Stella Rose
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Suede, Marina Mist, Baja
Accessories: Sewing Machine, Cuttlebug and Embossing Folders, Ribbon, Hodgepodge Hardware, Clear Embossing Powder, Tombow Dual Brush Pens, Water Brush, Chalk, Sponges, Rhinestones, SU Scallop Punch

4 comments:

Lulu said...

You're all beautiful!

Beautiful Greetings said...

Beautiful Kim! (The card and the ladies :)

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Your Card is Amazing! The colors just pop out and make you smile!! Love the warning on the photo... Looks like you guys had a really great time!!

Hugs
Shirley

Vicki Dutcher said...

I love the depth of color you get on your cards! Just stunning. That photo is fabulous of the donkeys! How fun to get together, meet and create!