Wednesday, June 8, 2011

MFT Little Lady


Psssst....Guess what? Guess who gets to be the June Fab Friend over at the MFT Blog? You guessed it - me! :) I have been sitting on this info since December and now that it's here I'm choosing to debut it with this sweet Pure Innocence Ladybug set - which incidentally was chosen for my stamp collection and was completely inspired by this little lady...



This sweet little love bug is my daughter, Ashlynn when she was 3 years old at Halloween ;)

Anyhoo, back to the card shall we? The clouds were made using die cuts from the cloud trio die-namic and then sponged around and I used the Fresh Cut Grass Die-namic to sponge in the grass to complete my scene. This little lady was water coloured with tombow markers and then I added some chalk shadows for extra depth.

It's kind of hard to tell, but at the top of the card on the red polka dot paper, I die cut some scallops and used the Jumbo Scallop Die-namic and then carried on with the red in the buttons.

Thanks for joining me today and I will be back next week with another set from My Favorite Things to share with you :)


Card Recipe:

Stamps: MFT - Pure Innocence Ladybug
Paper: Gina K, Water Colour, Black, October Afternoon DP, My Mind's Eye DP
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Kiwi, Olive, Teal, Baja
Accessories: Sewing Machine, Cuttlebug and Embossing Folders, MFT Cloud Trio Die-namic, MFT Fresh Cut Grass Die-namic, MFT Jumbo Scallop Die-namic, Spellbinders Dies, Sponges, Dimensionals, Tombow Markers, Water Brush, Chalk Pencil, Buttons, Twine, Clear Embossing Powder, Stickles, Corner Chomper

8 comments:

Lisa H. said...

wow! LOVE this....always love your coloring.

Chelsea said...

Soo cute .... Both your daughter and your card!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Completely adorable!

Carol<>< said...

oh my goodness Kim, It has been forever since I have been here and I just took a look at the past, WOW!!
each card has its very own personality and love them all, yup I made it back to the beginning of your blogger, what a trip!!!
great cards,
Carol<><

CanadianScraps43 said...

I have never seen anyone design cards like you. The designs/layouts are just so stunning. I can never layer someting like that with much success the first time around. Love all the layering and embossing. Your colouring is to die for and I so want to be able to do the same. If you lived near and did classes I would be waiting on your step! Lol. Thanks for being here and sharing. Hugs.

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Just found you on Split Coast and Wanted to come by and say, "You're cards are amazing and your coloring technique is so original & unique". Just gorgeous!! ~jeni :)

Aman said...

Your shading is out of this world! Adds so much dimension. And your little ladybug baby is adorable in that costume!

Carol<>< said...

Kim,
I pray everything is all right...
I have not seen your work in a while, but I still come by and look at your beautiful cards, and get a lot of ideas from them,
hope all is well,
Carol<><