Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Rustic Pine Birdhouse


Good morning everyone! Did you get a chance to wake up to birds singing this morning? Me either....must have been a dream! I can tell you though, that I cannot wait to be able to lay in bed and listen to the little harmonies that come from our little birds that hang out under our bedroom window :D

Recently Michelle from Stamper's Dream mailed me the JustRite Birdhouses, Borders and Centers Set  so I sat down to play with it last night and came up with this creation for this month's Sketch For You To Try Challenge over at Jen's Iheart2stamp blog.





This set allowed me to pull out some rustic elements like my last wooden button, some unloved raffia and some lovely earthy colours to pull together something with a lot of charm. All of theses things remind me of one of my favourite places to go - my parents vacation property on Quadra Island. We go camping there and it's so woodsy, with loads of moss and the colour green. Some parts of it come complete with charming little bird houses hanging from nondescript areas as well as some lurking gnomes hidden in the underbrush ;)

Thanks for popping by today to reminisce with me over a sweet little birdhouse and the memories that it brings :D

Card Recipe:

Stamps: JustRite Birdhouses, Borders and Centers Set from Stamper's Dream
Paper: Gina K, Water Colour, Black, Basic Grey DP
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Ranger Distress Vintage Photo, Baja, Teal
Accessories: Sewing Machine, Cuttlebug and Embossing Folders, Spellbinders Classic Ovals and Deckled Edge Classic Ovals Dies, MFT Notebook Edge Di-namic, Tombow Markers, Water Brush, Sponges, Wooden Button, Raffia, Martha Stewart Branch Punch, Brads, Dimensionals

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

Great birdhouse!

Kelly Schelske said...

Tis is fabulous Kim, very rustic, I love it!

Lea L. said...

This is so pretty! I just love the way you've colored the birdhouse!!