Monday, January 17, 2011

SFYTT - Owlways Love You


Love is in the air for these love birds *giggle* Get it? Love birds? Ok, it's late and I'm tired and my sad and pathetic jokes are proving it because I start to say things like "not only are they in love but they are in love owlways and forever" *snort* ...somebody put me to bed! 




Ahhh....Ok...I'm over it. I will try to keep my silliness in check and  tell you all about my card using the Cuddly Owlies stamps from Stamping Bella. This card was made for the January sketch over at the I heart 2 stamp blog. As of this month and to start the New Year with a little change, Jen took the SFYTT challenge and made it into a sketch that runs all month as opposed to new ones uploaded weekly. So my wonderful readers...if you would like to play along then you have until the very end of January to link your creations here.



I know that you all will be totally surprised when I tell you that these cuties were water coloured with tombows and a water brush. Please try and hold your shock a little longer because I know that this one's going to blow your socks off...it was popped up and sponged too *wink* One of these days I'm really going to surprise you and try something new, but I'm going to keep you on pins and needles waiting for that day to come ;0)

Thanks for coming by :D

Card Recipe:

Stamps: Stamping Bella - Cuddly Owlies
Paper: Gina K, Espresso, Water Colour, Cosmo Cricket DP, My Mind's Eye DP
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Saffron, Rose, Carmel, Vintage Photo
Accessories: Sewing Machine, Cuttlebug and Embossing Folders, Spellbinders Rectangle Dies, Button, Linen Thread, Ribbon, Clear Embossing Powder, Stickles, Crystal Effects, Sponges, Dimensionals, Chalk

6 comments:

BrossArtAddiction said...

Wow stunning! Your work is so breathtaking! I so wish I knew how to color like you! And your pics turn out wonderful too! :D

♥Tracey♥...ƸӜƷ

Crafty Cath said...

You've done it again! You've tuned a simple enough stamp into an awesome work of art! Gosh you have such vision. I'd love to spend a day in your head! Now I have yet another stamp to add to my wish list.

barbwire802 said...

This is an adorable card... corny jokes and all! You brought a smile to my face (even suffering through a migraine!)... Thanks for that! You do beautiful cards. Love your Love-birds...

Unknown said...

Kim, I really wouldn't ever change, your colouring is very outstanding hunny :) I love this gorgeous stamp I want one!!! lol fabulous card - Hugs Alex x

Anonymous said...

Kim!!! This is stunning, I love it! Just something about it that makes me GASP! Wicked job!

Alberta said...

Love it. Great colors and papers.