Monday, November 15, 2010

CDS - Unity Candle Digital Image


Welcome to my first digital image release through Clear Dollar Stamps! This image is called Unity Candle and is mostly an Anniversary set but has been designed to work well with The Light of Winter stamp set from the November release :0)

The image was water coloured with Derwent Inktense pencils and a water brush on Canson 90lb cold press paper. After I finished colouring the image I gave it a thick coat of crystal effects to make the image glossy and to give it a little extra "oomph" since I didn't make the image 3D.

I was able to find some scraps that worked well with this image and came up with a rather strange layout - but I kind of like it ;) I kept the embellishments to a minimum because I made this card for my honey and, well...he's a guy and doesn't appreciate all that much bling ;)

Although this is my first digital set...sadly, this is my last official post as a Design Team Member/ Illustrator for Clear Dollar Stamps. I came to the decision in September to leave the team and to take a break from illustrating. I have thoroughly enjoyed working with Lori McCroskey and her Clear Dollar Stamps girls and am going to miss them immensely! For those of you who don't know, Lori was the first design team that I ever worked with and I have been with them since June of 2008 :) She not only believed in me and gave me my big break as a designer/illustrator but also along the way became a good friend and I am so very thankful for those opportunities!

Thanks for coming by today and don't forget to take a peek over at Lori's blot to see at all of the Digital Release Images that are available as of today!


Card Recipe:

Stamps: Unity Candle Digital Image
Paper: Gina K, Chocolate, Water Colour, My Mind's Eye DP
Ink: Printer, Caramel, Chocolate
Accessories: Sewing Machine, Cuttlebug and Embossing Folders, Spellbinders Labels Dies, Derwent Inktense Pencils, Water Brush, Ribbon, Sponges, Crystal Effects, Printer

1 comment:

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

Congratulations Kim on your release!!

Very cute card! Now that I've taken your class, I go through my mind how you colored your image. :o)

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!