Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Hope you can cling to - Cancer is for the birds!


So who here has heard of the fabulous challenges that Splitcoaststampers has been hosting all month called the Hope You Can Cling To card drive? Come on now, don't be shy and raise those hands! Hmmmm, haven't heard of it, Eh? Alrighty then, let's get you educated ;)

So now that you have read up on the info, you are waiting for today's challenge for an amazing cause, well wait no more! Today's challenge is hosted by me and it's HYCCT26 Cancer is for the birds. Well..it is ;) So lets bring out all of your favourite feathery friends stamps and make a card to brighten someones day. The card can be masculine, feminine or for children...it's up to you ;) Please remember that these challenges have strict rules that you can view on the challenge post and on this thread for the FAQ's. You will need to mail in your gorgeous creations to:

The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)

So you might be asking yourself why you should send away your gorgeous creations? Let me answer that. Because it will make you feel good, make someone else feel good and there are of course...prizes involved :D But most importantly, because there are people out there that could use a little hope these days ;)

My card uses and fun little stamp that I picked up from my LSS the other day and is a cling stamp made by Stampendous. I water coloured him with my tombow markers and a water brush and the popped up the little bird.  I wanted to create a neutral card so I used a bit of everything, scraps included. I finished off the card with some pretty pearls and ribbon and I figured that it could be an all occasion card or a Christmas card if someone wanted to give it away for the Holiday Season.

Thanks for coming by today and I hope that you get a chance to play in some of the challenges! For my TSG sneak peek card, please scroll down to the next post. I will warn you all. This week is an insane week for posting oodles of cards so be prepared to see double day postings from me. I have cards to share up the wazoo and they will be posted her for all of you to see. I'm not really sure what a wazoo is and if I own one or not, but I'm afraid to ask so it was said for effect only ;) You get the picture, right? LOL
Card Recipe:

Stamps: Stampendous
Paper: Gina K, Water Colour, Black, Scraps of Unknown DP
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Ranger Distress Antique Linen
Accessories: Sewing Machine, Corner Chomper, Cuttlebug and Embossing Folders, Tombow Makers, Water Brush, Ribbon, Sponges, Dimensionals. Pearls


3 comments:

Brenda Devall said...

Can I just say . . . . "Amazing"! I so love the way you do your coloring. I can't wait to see what you do next. Each day is a gift coming to see your blog. Thanks so much for the inspiration!!!

Robin McK said...

Kim - this is beyond beautiful! You are a miracle worker! Love the clouring, and the layout, and the stitching!!!

Mari said...

I love this, Kim! What gorgeous colors/coloring. :D