Saturday, April 17, 2010

Flowers Forever



It's been awfully quiet around the my blog this month! This month has been pretty hectic for myself and my family so I didn't even realize that I haven't updated my blog for awhile! Oops! So today I am bringing you a project that I made last May for the Dirty Dozen Gallery - Art for Every Woman.

I actually made this as a keepsake for me! After all...what woman doesn't love flowers, especially ones that don't die? ;)

I adore Victorian and antique everything. I stumbled across this pewter frame at my local thrift store and although it isn't an antique, I knew that it had potential to be really beautiful. I cleaned the frame and added some half pearls to decorate the frame and then took the glass out and tossed it aside. The mustard coloured oval behind the flower was stamped with flowers and embossed and then sponged with mustard and caramel inks. I then took my paintbrush and blended all of the colours together to create a smooth backdrop. I water coloured the flower and paper toled it so that it really pops out of the frame (the glass is not in the frame). This is quite a simple little project is such a lovely little keepsake ;)

Thanks for coming by today :)


Recipe:

Stamps: SU Bloomin' Beautiful, Inkadinkado
Paper: Watercolour, Basic Black, Inque Boutiqe DP
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, More Mustard, Creamy Carmel, Old Olive
Accessories: Sewing Machine, Cuttlebug, Spellbinder's Large Oval Dies, Pretties Kit, Sheer Ribbon, Tombow Markers, Waterbrush, Dimensionals, Sponges, Kaiserkraft Pearls, Thrift Store Pewter Frame

post signature

5 comments:

Becky said...

This is stunning!! What a gorgeous frame and that flower is so rich with color.

Christine said...

Just beautiful....

Lisa H. said...

wow! yes, a WOW card! love, love, LOVE it! your coloring is amazing!

Conniecrafter said...

Wow what a gorgeous project, great find at the thrift store love the colors!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, Kim! Awesome coloring, as always. :)