Monday, March 29, 2010

CDS Sneak Peek - Charlie Bee Happy




Thanks for joining me again! (If you have no idea what I'm talking about then please scroll on down to the next post). The set that I'm showing off now is called Charlie Bee Happy and it's illustrated by the incredibly talented Laurie Wilson. I just love all of her Charlie images and I literally jumped out of my chair when I saw this set. How could anyone not have a smile on their face seeing Charlie in his bee costume? lol



For this sample I did things a little differently. I altered a journal and used Charlie as the main feature - he added some much needed whimsy :) For Charlie himself, I water coloured him with my tombow markers and water brush, then I sponged on the sky and then I added grass and extra shading around his body with my prisma colour pencil crayons and OMS. I have been playing around with my pencil crayons lately and really like the extra effects that I can achieve with them.

I paired up the image with some of my scraps to create this patchwork-ish journal cover. To finish off dear Charlie, he's now sporting some lovely sparkly wings and the journal was gussied up with some brads to coordinate. I really love how this project turned out and thought that Charlies was the perfect horse for the job *giggle*

To see what the rest of the girls have been up to please visit the links below. All of the stamps shown today will be available on April 1st from Clear Dollar Stamps.



Card Recipe:

Stamps: Clear Dollar Stamps - Charlie Bee Happy
Paper: Black, Water Colour, K&Co DP, Cosmo Cricket DP, October Afternoon DP
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Baja, Mustard, Garden Green
Accessories: Sewing Machine, Cuttlebug and Embossing Folders, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Clear Embossing Powder, Dimensionals, Sponges, Journal, Tombow Markers, Water Brush, Prisma's and OMS, Brads, Stickles

post signature

10 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Kim I could look at your work forever. Your rich coloring gets me every time! Both cards are just stunning!

Stacy Morgan said...

Fabulous! Charlie looks awesome. Great little note book.

Unknown said...

OMG, kim....this made me giggle! what a precious image and great sentiment! LOVE IT!

Beautiful Greetings said...

This is so sweet! Great peeks this week for CDS Kim!

Unknown said...

Bee-utiful Kim!

Christine said...

Charlie is always so cute, especially on this card!

Julie said...

you are so very cleverX

Lisa Lara said...

That journal is now covered with a work of Art by Kim! Wow. Charlie looks fantastic. Great idea.

Conniecrafter said...

He is too cute, love how you did the grass and neat design to your journal!

Rebecca Ednie said...

This notebook is super adorable. I jsut love your colouring. I've been following your blog long before I joined hte team (my comment about the pins was before I realized you and I were in the same group!) I look forward to working with you.