Saturday, January 16, 2010

With Love



Aren't these mice just the cutest? Can you believe that I have had this stamp for over a year and it's never seen ink? It's a crime, I know ;) I actually have about 10 Penny Blacks that have yet to see ink, but shhhh...don't tell my hubby!

I was feeling in the Valentine's Day spirit a little early and wanted to ink up these guys so I got busy and made this "could-be" Valentine's Card because the image is just so sweet. These little mice scream "pucker up" but alas, I didn't have a stamp that said that to match *sigh*




I water coloured these little guys with my tombow markers and a water brush, and then cut them out to layer them. I then sponged the blue background in and then placed my mice on it to spotlight them and then added this little metal rose embellishment that I found on sale :) I just had to have them...it was like a gravitational pull towards the pretties...an uncontrollable impulse. Ok, maybe not but I do think that one fits right at home on this card - it's like a match made in heaven :)




While making this card, I got to use one of my new Martha Stewart Punches too...ok, maybe I used a couple of those punches but only because I scored a wicked deal on them at Michaels for 60% off the already reduced price and I have been absolutely itching to try them! Just sayin' :) I paired the mini hearts punch up with my cuttlebug dies to make this fun little tag. I love how this card turned out and am thrilled that I finally inked up this stamp that has been very lonely on my shelf!



The time has come that I can announce that my Water Colouring with Tombow Markers class is open for enrollment again! This class is a 6 week online class and starts on Feb 2, 2010 - that's only 2 1/2 weeks away peoples :) The cost is $50 USD and it's perfect because you can learn on your own schedule, with printable information and videos with moi for your viewing pleasure ;) Come and join me for the fun and learn how to use your markers along the way!

Card Recipe:

Stamps: Penny Black, SY Yummy
Paper: Gina K, Watercolour, Red, K&Co DP, My Mind's Eye DP
Ink: Black, Red, Baja, Mustard
Accessories: Sewing Machine, Cuttlebug Dies and Embossing Folders, Spellbinders Nesties, Pop Dots, Sponges, Clear Embossing Powder, Metal Rose Embellishment, Ribbon, Linen Thread, Martha Stewart Punches, Dew Drops, Corner Rounder

post signature

13 comments:

Becky said...

This is adorable, I just love how you double up your images like this.

Heide said...

Super duper adorable! I really like the colors. PB has such cute stamps, I will keep your secret if you keep mine. I also have some PB that have not seen ink! *GASP*

Gabriela said...

Kim - your water coloring is breath taking. I adore the papere toile effect of all those painstaking layers. This so absolutely beautiful!

Christine said...

Sweet card! I love Penny Black stamps.

Basement Stamper said...

Fabulous colors, this layout is great for this image. Very cute!

Margaret said...

Very sweet, love all the little details you gave your card and a lovely color scheme.

Joan Ervin said...

Absolutely darling, Kim...your little mice are just precious and WOW, girl...your coloring is gorgeous!!!!! Such a fun and fabulous design!!!

Conniecrafter said...

Awww they are just adorable, love the colors you used to, boy I wish I would come across those kind of deals, I love all her punches!

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Kim, You ARE the Queen of INK for Tombows! It's a gorgeous card, and I loved the tombow class! hugs ~Jeni

Louise F NZ said...

Gorgeous card... I love the colours you have used and the image is really sweet.

Beautiful Greetings said...

Gorgeous Kim! Your coloring rocks as always :) I just love all the PB stamps, they are just so darn cute and you managed to make them even cuter!

Unknown said...

Too, too cute! I am a huge Penny Black fan! Great card, and awesome coloring!!!

Laurie Wilson said...

Aaawwee, this is THE CUTEST! And you're right that metal flower looks like it was MADE to go on that stamp image! You rock those tombos!