Ok ladies, you all asked to know how I made these wine glasses look so real, so I'm gonna show you! First things, first....here is your list of supplies:
- Clear Embossing Powder
- Black Ink
- Water Brush
- Heat Tool
- Tweezers (optional)
- Versa Marker
- Pop Dots
- Black Marker
- Tombow Markers (912, 847, 757, 879, 312, N79)
- Stamp of any glass/drink image
- Water Colour Paper
1. Ink up your stamp with black in and stamp the image on your paper. Immediately pour clear embossing powder over top, shake off the excess powder and then heat set. You will need 2 stamped images of your drink.
2. Colour both of your images in with whichever medium you prefer. I have used Tombow Markers and a water brush to water colour my image. You will notice that I only coloured the areas that I will be using as the rest will be cut off.
3. Cut out your images as close to the embossing powder as you can get. The embossing powder should act like a speed bump for your scissors to help prevent you from accidentally lopping off any pieces of the image.
4. You should have one full image cut out and a partial image cut from the second wine glass.
5. Take a black marker and trace around the very edges of your cut out images to hide all of the white edges. This just makes the image look a little more clean and will help to cover up any boo boos.
6. Take your versa marker and colour over top of any red. This is to protect your colours from accidentally bleeding together when you add your crystal lacquer. I always do this as water coloured images can bleed easily when you add liquid to the top of it. Add a thick layer of crystal lacquer on top of both pieces of your images. It will appear cloudy when you apply it but will dry to a clear glossy sheen. Please allow for plenty of drying time!
7. Now it's time to add your pop dots to make your image 3 dimensional. This will help make the glass more realistic and will add dimension to your card.
I hope that you enjoyed this little tutorial and if you did, please feel free to leave me a comment! Who knows...it' might entice me to make another one soon :)
And now t it's time to announce the Blog Candy winner from Tuesday's Skipping Stones Design Blog Hop!
Congratulations Cindy!!! You are now the proud owner of these sets by Skipping Stones Design:
- Gettin' Old
- Coffee Volume 1
- Funny about "Men"