Friday, January 29, 2010

And the Winner is....



...me and this cute little fellow from Inky Antics! Are you wondering what I'm talking about yet? ;) A couple of days ago I stumbled upon the Tombow USA Blog and noticed that they were having a little contest for one of their new 10 piece Craft Collection sets. I thought to myself, that I had a new stamp that I wanted to colour and a few spare minutes so why not? The contest was that you had to submit a piece of work using the blender pen technique that was demonstrated at CHA. They have a little video here if you are interested in learning it.

Am I the only person in the world that never uses a blender pen to blend their markers? (I use water) I'm thinking that I must be because this technique was new to me and was a little bit out of my comfort zone. I found that it provides a much softer look much like prismas and OMS together - I ended up choosing darker marker colours to achieve some of the intense colours that I was looking for. After a bit of playing around I finally felt comfortable using the blender pen and away I went to create this cute little 4 1/4" square card :)

Yesterday, I entered my card to the contest a few hours before it closed and I received an email this morning that said I won! I am so excited! Yippee! This is the set that I chose and I can't wait to play :)


Card Recipe:

Stamps: Inky Antics, Clear Dollar Stamps
Paper: Gina K, Watercolour, Chocolate, Cosmo Cricket DP, K&Co DP
Ink: Black, Olive, Sky, Chocolate, Caramel
Accessories: Sewing Machine, Cuttlebug and Embossing Folders, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Button, Pop Dots, Ribbon, Linen Thread, Tombow Markers, Blender Pen, Sponges, Craft Knife, Dew Drops, Clear Embossing Powder, Corner Rounder, Cloud Stencil, Crystal Effects


post signature

10 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG how lucky that you stumbled across the challenge when you did. I understand why it won. It is adorable!
You know you are the quenn of Tombows so of course you had no problem with the blending pen!
Congrats on the new colors!
Hugs,
True :)

Elaine A said...

Congratulations Kim! How exciting - on your first try with the blender pen no less! And the little guy is just so sweet.

Elaine Allen

Sally Watkins said...

I'm not shocked at all, you have mastered the Tombow marker! Congrats!

Ann said...

I can see that you would have won hands down! Your creations always have such vibrant and intense colors. That's why I like them so! I know you'll put those pens to good use!!

Kevin Renz said...

Hey you lucky dog! Great card :) We missed you at CHA.

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

congratulations! I love this turtle by Tammy!

Christine said...

Great card and congrats Kim!

paula tracy williamson said...

So adorable Kim and congrats!! I myself may just need to purchase a few Tombows...one of my BFF's does use them. I watched the video and so up my alley! Thanks for the enabeling. :)

Conniecrafter said...

he is too cute, Congrats on your win, I haven't tried blender pen either, has a great look though!

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! I'm So excited for you!! way to Go!!!
Heather