Tuesday, December 15, 2009

SSD03 - Getting Lucky!


It's time for another Skipping Stones Sketch Tuesday and I got to play with a brand new release! The set that I got to play with is called Gettin' Old and it's being released today! It's full of sassy sentiments to make both you (the card maker) and the person you are giving it to laugh :)



Here is this week's sketch and you can tell that I cheated a little on my own sketch *gasp* I turned the sketch on it's side and moved the triangle piece to the opposite side to accommodate my car....an may have added another piece of card stock for good measure.... :) More is more I always say! lol



I coloured water coloured my car to match my orange and yellow scenic route DP scrap and added some silver gel pen to create the chrome look. I then paper toled the car, cut out the windows and added some acetate to look like glass - too bad that you can't tell that extra detail in the photo (you might be able to if you click on the picture too enlarge it).



While cruising around SCS the other day, I stumbled across a really cute card with these amazing trees on it by PJStamps. Hers was made out of punches but because I don't own any of the ones she does, I decided to cut the shapes out free hand and shape my version of the tree...and methinks that I will be making way more of these cuties in the future! Thanks Patti Jo!

I place my tree upon my sponged ink background and assembled my creation with the addition of the first part of the sentiment. And on the inside the card reads:




*Snort!* I love it!!! Don't forget to pop by the Skipping Stones Design store to see what's in the rest of this fun set :)


Card Recipe:

Stamps: Skipping Stones Design - Gettin' Old
Paper: Gina K, Grey, Moss, Chocolate, Watercolour, Cosmo Cricket DP, My Mind's Eye DP, Scenic Route DP
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Grey, Moss, Green, Celery, Baja, Artichoke, Rust
Accessories: Sewing Machine, Cuttlebug and Embossing Folders, Tombow Markers, Aqua Painter, Brads, Corner Rounder, Sponges, Acetate, Pop Dots, Silver Gel Pen, Clear Embossing Powder

post signature

7 comments:

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous Kim! I always love the rich colours you use!!

Unknown said...

great work! very nice card, you put alot of work in this...inspiring!

Dianne said...

This is so cute and funny!! Great layout and colors. I can see the little extra details.

Conniecrafter said...

Love the colors and what you did with the sketch, so cool!

Gloria Dojlido said...

I love your tree! You always make such wonderful use of rich vibrant colours!!

Julie Koerber said...

This is too funny!!! Love the way you colored up this image -- you are a master with color!

Becky said...

Beautiful!! And your coloring is so rich.