Saturday, November 7, 2009

It's Mojo time - Masculine style!



It's mojo time baby! I am sooooo thankful for Julee's Mojo Challenge this week! I really needed to make a card to ship off and I just haven't been feeling all that creative lately so I went on the hunt for some inspiration and I found it on the Mojo Monday blog in the form of a sketch :)




I have to say that although it was a bit of a struggle, I really like how this card turned out. This card is being shipped over seas and I needed it to be fairly flat and it had to be masculine. Yep, that was a bit of a challenge! I ended up creating this sponged sunset background to go with my cut out palm trees and added the finishing touch of my Faux Woodgrain Frame.



Because the image turned out to be a little bit on the large side, I ended up turning the sketch and placing it on a 5 1/2" square card. I really wanted to have my "framed" image as the focal point of the card so I stuck with some suble stitching to fill in some blank areas and to create some more texture...yes...I have a texure fetish..I'll admit it! *snort*

I'm keeping this post short, because I am beyond the normal realm of "tired" but I just wanted to add a little reminder to keep Jaimie Cates in your thoughts and if you have a moment or an extra card hanging around, please send it off to her with some well wishes. To find out all about Miss Jaimie, click here.


Card Recipe:


Stamps: Artful Inkables - Paradise Island, Winter Post
Ink: Caramel, Chocolate, Cocoa, White, Versafine Onyx Black, Baja, Navy, Apricot, Yellow
Paper: Gina K, Brown, Mustard, Water Colour
Accessories: Sewing Machine, Cuttlebug, Pop Dots, Sponges, Piercing Tool, Linen Thread, Shell Button, Tombow Markers, Aqua Painter, Clear Embossing Powder, Circle Punch, Mini Brads

post signature

8 comments:

savvy teaching tips said...

Wow Kim, your work is always fabulous. Great job as usual. I am an avid follower. Please check out my blog for blog candy. stamperontheshore.blogspot.com

Cassie said...

Gorgeous, Kim, as usual ;D

Lourdes Torres said...

Hello from Puerto Rico. Your card reminds me of my country's beaches. It is really beautiful. Very unique and very well crafted. You are really and artist. Love it!
Lourdes

Faith S. said...

Kim, your card is breathtaking!! LOVE the colors. Hope you find your energy--I bet your kids have it. That's where I usually find mine. ;)
Faith

Gloria Dojlido said...

Wow! Wish I could colour half as good! Your card is just spectacular!

Laurie Wilson said...

OOooooo, so cool and manly!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just gorgeous, Kim! Makes me wish I was ona tropical island. LOL Thanks for playing! :)

Amanda said...

This card is gorgeous...and very good for a guy! It makes me want to go on a vacation and sit on the beach and relax!