Tuesday, March 31, 2009

CDS Sneak Peek - Woodland Critters


It's the very last day for April Sneak Peeks for Clear Dollar Stamps and I have the totally cute Woodland Critters set. I wanted to create a sweet little "scene" so I hand drew the tree stump, coloured it and then traced the lines with my glue pen and added clear embossing powder. I heat set it so that it looked the same way the the fox did.




The fox has been paper tole'd and the grass was cut out with my craft knife in 3 different shades of papers to add the look of dimension. Laurie challenged use to use one larger letter on our card so I tried my hand at mixing the Woodland Critter's Foxy sentiment with the Upper Case "F" from the Monogram set. I added some paper piercing to balance the card up and for some more texture :)




Before I end this post I would like to extend a warm welcome to 2 new Sneak Peek Design Team Members: Cassie Trask and Angela Thomas. They both will bring so much to the team with their various talents! Welcome Ladies :) Feel free to pop by the links below to see the rest of the April 1st Sneak Previews:



Card Recipe:

Stamps: Clear Dollar Stamps - Woodland Critters & Monograms
Paper: PTI White, Watercolour, Crate Paper DP, Always Artichoke, Old Olive, Certainly Celery, Close to Cocoa
Ink: Basic Black, Versa Mark, Close to Cocoa, Bordering Blue, Old Olive, Always Artichoke
Accessories: Sewing Machine, Cloud Stencil, Corner Rounder Punch, Scallop Edge Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Buttons, Linen Thread, Sponges, Dimensionals, Ribbon, Clear Embossing Powder, Mat Pack and Piercing Tool

post signature

6 comments:

wendyp said...

amazing details! Love that you hand drew that stump in! Looks just like it was part of the set!

Beth aka BR-T said...

I don't even know what to say this is so amazing! BR-T

Laurie Wilson said...

That fox is SO cute! And that stump... WOW! Love the grass, the adorable papers... OK, everything is just fabulous!

Tricia T said...

Kim this is just adorable!! But *all* your cards are!! TFS!

AlienAnessa said...

You are relentless with your talents, Kim!!! This card is stupendous! Your sewing is immaculate, your paper tole abilities are like no one else's, I can't get enough of your style!

Princess said...

OMG! Can I say that? This is soooo adorable. I thought I found my stamping hero the other day...but I think she just took third place because you are now first and second! Wow...am I ever looking forward to looking through your blog. Dinner will have to wait...

Now, should you care to look at my piddly attempt at a blog, you can see me at stampingwithprincess.wordpress.com

Thanks for sharing! Wow! Oh, said that already.