Saturday, February 7, 2009

OCC - Charmed Butterfly


This is my card for today's Inspiration Challenge over at Our Creative Corner. The challenge is to pick one of your favourite embellishments and take inspiration from it - easy peasy! My inspiration was this sweet little pewter butterfly charm :D I chose to use this cute butterfly to match from my Whipper Snapper Designs set called Love at Home (Anna Wight Designs). I was severely lacking in a sketch that worked with my card so I went to Julee Tilman's Mojo Challenge blog and chose Mojo72 to work with. If you haven't been to the Mojo blog, you are missing out! Julee is the queen of sketches!

My butterfly has been embossed, watercoloured with re-inkers , cut out and popped up. I thought that I would give the trio of flowers embossing folder at try, but I'm not sure that I like the effect of it 100% - it may still grow on me though *grin*

Don't forget to pop by the Our Creative Corner blog to play along and to check out what the other girls have been designing just for your viewing pleasure :) - We have a new designer to introduce you to as well *wink*


Card Recipe:

Stamps: Whipper Snapper Designs - Love at Home
Paper: PTI White, Always Artichoke, Soft Sky, Watercolour, 29th St DP, Basic Grey DP, Messlia Frances DP
Ink: Basic Black, Versa Mark, Bordering Blue, Soft Sky, Always Artichoke
Accessories: Sewing Machine, Cuttlebug, Embossing Folders, Half Pearls, Charm, Taffeta Ribbon, Aqua Painter, Clear Embossing Powder, EK Success Corner Punch, Linen Thread, 1/4" Circle Punch

post signature

14 comments:

Charlene said...

Absolutely stunning!! Love your colours...gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

This is so fabulous - such anelegant card, and I love the added charm!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Lookin' good Kim.

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous Kim!!

Made by Mandy said...

Your butterfly is beautiful :)

Two Happy Stampers said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous! I love the colors and the black makes everything pop! WOW!!

-Adriel

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Very, very beautifully!

Lynda Benden said...

This is gorgeous Kim! Beautiful colors and butterfly!

Maraya said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love your details and colors.

Cheryl B. said...

Beautiful!

Jennifer said...

This is just beautiful!! Everything about it is elegant and well put together! I especially like the way you tied the ribbon and hung the charm from it! I just may have to lift that idea!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Stunning card and design Kim! I just LOVE the embossing and elegant layout.

Have a wonderful week,
Jennifer :)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just gorgeous, Kim. Thanks for playing! :)

Anonymous said...

What a simple but yet gorgeous card. I think anything you do turns out beautiful. I really hope that my cards turn out 1/2 this gorgeous someday.
Thanks for taking the time to share your talent.
~Pam
http://stampsinc.blogspot.com/