Saturday, January 24, 2009

OCC Meets Our Daily Bread Designs


I am off to CHA in Anaheim today!! At 6:30 am I will be on the ferry over to Vancouver to start my flight to Las Vegas and then onto California :D I'm so excited and I want to be able to share that with you, so check back here for the next couple of days because I will be posting pictures and hope to meet a few of my stamping idols along the way ;)



Today is a sketch challenge over at Our Creative Corner and this is what I came up with. I pulled out one my my newest Our Daily Bread Designs sets called He is Risen to add to these wonderful paper flowers that I discovered at Dollarama. These flowers look remarkably like some of the ones that I have created in the past but the bonus here is that I didn't have to spend an extra few minutes of my time making them - score! lol



I made the fancy scalloped border with an EK Success punch that I took the corner guard off of and then centered some Kaiser pearls in the punched out circles. The leaves and branches are Martha Stewart Punches that I have punched on designer papers and then sponged to add some dimension. I have added some Cuttlebug embossing to the green layer of designer papers to give it more texture...if you know me and my cards, you know that they are never lacking in the texture department! :D

Wish me luck on my travels and be sure to pop by Our Creative Corner to participate in the sketch challenge! A little birdie told me that Jennifer has some blog candy to offer - A Custom Watermark and Blog Banner!!!!


Card Recipe:


Stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs - He is Risen
Paper: PTI White, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, K&Co DP, Sassafrass Lass DP
Ink: Note Quite Navy, Versa Mark, Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Sewing Machine, Cuttlebug, EK Success Corner Punch, Martha Stewart Leaf Punches, Premade Paper Flowers, Kaiser Pearls, Clear Embossing Powder, Sponges, Dimensionals, Crystal Effects, Ribbon


post signature

10 comments:

Lynda Benden said...

This is so beautiful Kim! I love the colors you chose and your flowers and leaves are gorgeous! Have fun at CHA!

Denise Marzec said...

Beautiful!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just divine, Kim! Love those beautiful paper flowers and the gorgeous trim. Have fun at CHA!

Cindy Haffner said...

Kim this is gorgeous

Linda Carson said...

STUNNING!

Jennifer said...

Such a beautiful card! Love the paper and the flowers...everything!

TA Carbone said...

Oh my this is just beautiful. The colors, flowers and stamp used are just perfect

TA
http://carbonescorner.blogspot.com

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, lovely paper and flowers!

Kim said...

Holy cow, Kim! This is beyond gorgeous! I love all of the texture you add. Keep it coming!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beauitful design and card!