Friday, January 30, 2009

CDS Sneak Peel - Old Wagon


Ever have one of those days where you have so many fabulous "light bulb" moments and all it takes is a little while to make it happen on paper? This was mine and boy, it sure didn't turn out the way I pictured it would! I played with this card for hours - I moved things, I threw pieces out, I coloured the image twice...and do you think that this card would give into my creative desires? Not a chance! lol



This set is called Old Wagon and will be released for purchase on Feb 1 from Clear Dollar Stamps. Our fearless Design Team Leader, Laurie Wilson assigned us some challenges for the month and this was made for the sketch challenge. I wanted to try out my gold embossing powder to make a quasi old world/elegant card but it didn't stand out the way I needed it to. It was almost impossible to capture the all of the outlines to make the image stand out in the photos. It looked so much better in my mind! lol

Please stop by and see every one's creations that were playing with this set. I guarantee that they turned out better than this one! Pssst....made sure you check out Laurie's gorgeous sepia monochromatic card!!!

Card Recipe:

Stamps: Clear Dollar Stamps - Old Wagon
Paper: PTI White, Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, Watercolour, K&CO. DP
Ink: Versa Mark, Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel, Re-Inkers
Accessories: Sewing Machine, Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Hodge Podge Hardware, Wooden Button, Aqua Painter, Gold Embossing Powder, Dimensionals, Sponges, Ribbon, Piercing Tool, Mat Pack, Brads

post signature

3 comments:

Linda Borneman said...

Well, we are our own worse critics at times, and we don't always see what others see. Case in point: I see a very creative and detailed card, and your thumbprint is all over it! Don't be so hard on yourself...very nice work for the Sneak Peek of the wagon.

Tracey said...

Just gorgeous Kim!!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh I Love what you have achieved with this card, great coloring, has the great old west feel to it!