Sunday, August 31, 2008

Last CDS Sneak Peek - Autumn Blessings


September first is just about here and that marks the start of fall and the release of the new Clear Dollar Stamps ;) My first project using my Clear Dollar Stamps Autumn Blessings set was of course inspired by Michelle Zindorf and the Peanuts "Great Pumpkin" - You know the show from when you were a kid that came on every Halloween where Linus waits for the Great Pumpkin in the pumpkin patch? Speaking of peanuts...I will get to that in a few...

My card was inspired by this very Zindorf card and was made by sponging inks onto the paper and layering coloured paper on top of it. The fence was made with my new Martha Stewart punch and the pumpins and tree were coloured and then embossed.

Card Recipe:

Stamps: Clear Dollar Stamps - Autumn Blessings

Paper: Papertrey White, Watercolour, Basic Black, Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Close to Cocoa, Not Quite Navy

Ink: Basic Black, Versa Mark, Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze, SU Markers, Always Artichoke, Old Olive

Accessories: Cuttlebug, Brads, Sewing Machine, Sponges, Dimensionals, Embossing Powder, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Martha Stewart Punch, Designer Scissors, Gelly Roll Glitter Pen, Sand Paper


Remember I mentioned something about peanuts above? Well here they are :) This little squirrel came from the Autumn Blessings set and he looks like he is having a snack, so I thought that peanuts were appropriate! This is a standard size Box in a Bag with the exception of me scoring an inch from the top of the double sided paper and using my scallop edge punch before folding it down and sewing the contrasting colour. I really love these papers and how this project turned out! Wouldn't it look sweet beside a place setting at your Thanksgiving dinner with your family? I love how quickly these bags come together too!


Recipe:

Stamps: Clear Dollar Stamps - Autumn Blessings

Paper: SU Haiku DP, Watercolour, Chocolate Chip, Tangerine Tango, Cosmo Cricket DP

Ink: Basic Black, Chocolate Chip, Really Rust, Versa Mark, SU Markers

Accessories: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Sewing Machine, Sizzix Leaf Die, Sponges, Aqua Painter, Dimensionals, Ribbon, Eyelets, Tab Punch, Scallop Edge Punch, Circle Punches, Peanuts

post signature

11 comments:

Rachel Hope said...

love the little bag...but that pumpkin scene is just Fabulous! I am Speechless!

huntla1 said...

Great Zindoresque scene. I love the MS fence punch. Haven't seen that one before. Great job on the little bag too!

Jane said...

What an adorable little bag. Although I think it should definately be filled with candy corn instead of those yucky old peanuts! LOL.

Jane

Unknown said...

both projects are just beautiful!! Great job!

Shelly Koskinen said...

WOW!!! your projects are sooo gorgeous!!!

Judy Rozema said...

Both are just beautiful, Kim! I love your sky on the card - darling pumpkins too - and the little bag is too cute!

Shirley said...

Kim, both of your creations are wonderful and the first should be framed!!! and definetely given to someone who will do just that!

Lulu said...

Your designs are absolutely beautiful!

Frenchy said...

Wow - the card is amazing and the little bag is just SO cute! I left you blog bling on my blog: http://frenchysstampinblog.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

The bag and card are divine! Love love LOVE the detail and sewing! You're so good at scenes and the paper tole layering!

Sharon in NE said...

I keep coming back to the Autumn Blessings card. I love it.