Thursday, May 29, 2008

Why is it....?

Why do you seem to be busier that ever when you are a stay at home mom and crafter? I am running behind on so many things!!! What is that old adage..."a clean house is the sign of a lazy stamper"? I'm telling you, I must be a busy stamper because my house looks like a tornado hit it!!!! Not only that, you should see Mt. Dirty Laundry ready to erupt in the bathroom closet!

You will have to pardon my sporadic blog postings. I have so many wonderful things to write on here but alas, I still need a little sleep to function! I am even behind posting cards that I made days ago on here and on splitcoast. I promise you that one of these days I will post pictures of my craft studio on here too (after I clean it of course :)...Hmmm, maybe I should take pictures of it in "showroom" action and then "in real life"!!! What a difference that is! LOL


This is a card that I made 2 days ago. I used one of my most loved stamps on it. I have used this tulip stamp on cards for all occasions because you can dress it up or keep it simple because if the sketch design. I decided to dress this one up because I wanted to use some Basic Grey DP that I had laying around. The tulip is actually 3 different layers, and springs to life when you look at the card on a slight angle.

Tip: Some of my most versatile stamps are ones that look slightly sketched. You have the opportunity to do so many things with them. You can cut them out because of simple outlines, colour them using various mediums and layer them. Usually something with a simple design can also be made whimsical or classic - simply by choices in colours.


Card Recipe:

Stamps: Rubber Stampede
Paper: Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip, Watercolour, Papertrey, Cosmo Cricket and Basic Grey DP
Ink: Stazon, Versa Mark, Ruby Red, More Mustard, Creamy Caramel, SU Markers
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Aqua Painter, Sponges, Hodgepodge Hardware, Polytwill Ribbon, Corner Rounder Punch, Sewing Machine, Dimensionals

3 comments:

Alli Miles said...

Wowza Kim! Your stuff is amazing. I see you live on the island (like me) and that you are a SU! demo (I was until late Jan 2008). Who is your upline? I used to attend the VanIsle meetings so I probably know who it is. I'd have sent this privately but have no way of contacting you. Anyways, I just wanted to say you have out of this world talent.

Anonymous said...

ALL the cards I see here are beauuuuutiful! (so I won't bore everyone with repeating my self) Goodness, I cannot believe the detail you put into your cards!!!....You blow me over..Love your colour combos,JUST everything about your stuff, very artistic!!!
..Your site is DeFiNiTeLy at the TOP of my favorites list!..Great Job!!.Keep creating and sharing,Pleeese!!!.ok, I will stop bubbling over now,lol.
Fellow Canadian,Sam, From Nova Scotia

Kim Teasdale said...

Hi Alli,

I am in Nanaimo! My upline is Cristina Findlay and her upline is Lisa Rankin. Thank you so much for your comments :) - I tried to contact you from your blog and couldn't find an email either ( I have now added mine to my blog and if you wanna chat, please feel free to contact me!!!) I love it that I have some fellow Canadian viewers :)

Hi Sam,

Thanks for putting me at the top of your list :) I appreciate all you wonderful comments too :)*blushing* lol