Friday, May 2, 2008

Off to a start at a turtle's pace.....

LOL! Well, let me explain. I started creating this blog in December of 2007. I found myself working crazy hours through Christmas, babysitting 5 kids in the earlier part of this year and now starting my blog up again now that I am back to being a stay at home mom! I am breathless just thinking about all the craziness! Wheeew, glad it's over with and now with my first actual post....drum roll please...

Tah dah!

















I think that I am in love with this card! I have a new appreciation for colouring since learning how to watercolour with my Stampin' Up! Markers - they are well worth the $$ in my books! I actually do most of my colouring of stamped images while my two little ones are napping, and then actually assemble the card after they go to bed in the evening (when I should be sleeping) I tell you...there just isn't enough hours in a day for me!
Anyway, back to my card. I used the Stampin' Up! set Bloomin' Beautiful with my markers. I started out with colouring the first layer and then adding some dimension by adding additional layers with the petals and the leaves. Almost every layer on this card is popped up with dimensionals!
I also did the same with the bumble bee, but added some stickles to the wings to create the iridescent sheen that most insects have. You will notice that I have done a little bit of shading to really make the images pop.







































Before I had assembled this card, I ran it through my sewing machine...which was really quite interesting in itself! It has been forever since I used it last! I am a quilter, but I have tossed that aside for now as my mood really puts me in the more "instant gratification" craft of stamping. Quilting is such a long process, but now I can have the best of both worlds but on a smaller scale :)

This is the recipe for this card:

Stamps - Bloomin' Beautiful
Paper - Basic Black, Papertrey White, Watercolour, Really Rust, K&Co. DP
Inks - Stazon, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories - Markers, Aqua Painter, Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Sewing Machine, Brads, Dimensionals, Scallop Circle Punch, 1 3/8". 1 1/4" and 1" Circle Punches, Mat Pack, Piercing Tool and Sponges

There you have it! I am a firm believer in 3 things that set a home made card apart from a store bought one - Dimension, Texture and Imagination :) Please stay tuned for more senseless ramblings from me while on my quest for sanity! Stamping therapy is the best ;)

No comments: