Tuesday, October 12, 2010

CSC09 - By the Chimney With Care



I'm back today with another Christmas card for my stash using my Filled with Cheer set from Clear Dollar Stamps. I figure that you can never have too many Christmas cards on hand...now if only I would remember to actually mail them out! lol

So today's card was made for the CASEstudy blog challenge (CSC09) was inspired by their guest muse Barbara. When I saw the rather large panel on her card, I instantly thought that it would be perfect as a chimney to hang this sweet stocking by. So now the question is...does it look like a chimney to you? I'm really hoping so! lol



To do this I nabbed some neutral papers from various collection packs of Basic Grey papers and started cutting strips that would be my "bricks". I then sponged and embossed them and then adhered to a piece of sahara sand card stock. I picked some non traditional colours for this card because I knew that I was doing grey bricks and I love the idea of pinks and greys together :D

To finish off the card I added some decadent touches to it with the matching pink rhinestones, rich satin ribbon and a rather generous coating of stickles. I figured that if the card looked like a "girly" Christmas card with the colours alone, that I may as well add all of the bling to it too - go big or go home right? ;)

Thanks for coming by today and stay tuned as I have some more posts this week :D

Card Recipe:

Stamps: Clear Dollar Stamps - Filled with Cheer
Paper: Gina K, Basic Grey, Sahara Sand, Water Colour, Basic Grey DP, Bo Bunny DP
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Basic Grey
Accessories: Sewing Machine, Cuttlebug and Embossing Folders, Tombow Markers, Water Brush, Sponges, Pop Dots, Clear Embossing Powder, Satin Ribbon, Kaiserkraft Rhinestones, Scallop Punch, Corner Chomper, Crystal Stickles,

11 comments:

Judy's Crafty Moments said...

Just stunning Kim! The brick background looks amazing ..so textured and the colouring on your stocking is fabulous! Great card!
HUgs Judy x

torico said...

It's stunning!!! Yes, it looks like a chimney! Your work is perfect. :)

Robin McK said...

Wow Kim...you really knocked this one out of the park! The bricks are absolutely beautiful! And that bow is delicious....mouth-watering. TFS!

Stampvanwinkle said...

What a wonderful card Kim. I love your background. So creative!!! Awesome coloring.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Now, if you only knew how much pleasure you gave me by participating in our challenge... Ok, TONS!! :D I'll never have enough of your colouring, sponging and adding texture... it's all fabulous! Love your glittery stocking, and the chimney (that DOES look like chimney to me). THANKS for playing!! xxx

Crafty Cath said...

It absolutely reminds me of a chimney. My first thought was where did she get that paper and then I read you made it...it's fantastic! Then I thought - where does she have the time to do all that work. And then I had to blow up the picture to admire how wonderful your coloring is! Stunning girl.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous once again.... YOur colouring is unbelievable!
Love it!
Enjoy your Isalnd stampin event! Wish I lived a little closer!
DIane
diane7@rogers.com

Wendy said...

Did you cut those bricks, fab!! Amazing card girl!

Danielle Daws said...

Oh my goodness! This is FABULOUS!! WOW! I love everything about this! What a stunning card... off to check out the rest of your blog. I just know I'm going to be coming back again and again! :-)

Chris said...

Your bricks are perfect! It was so much fun to sponsor CASE study this past week - thanks for playing along! Congrats on winning top pick...your work is beautiful, as always!

PS. I enjoyed your watercolor class over on MCC

Colleen Dietrich said...

Congrats on your win over at CASE STudy! Great chimney work!